- April 17, 2014
- The WGN Morning News features the Driehaus Museum
- April 11, 2014
- The Illinois and Chicago Departments of Transportation need your help to redefine North Lake Shore Drive
- March 24, 2014
- Ames-Webster Mansion in Boston Restored
- March 14, 2014
- Celebrate Women’s History Month at the Driehaus Museum
- March 04, 2014
- Happy Birthday Chicago!
- February 24, 2014
- Preservation in the News: Support Chicago’s First National Historic Park
- February 19, 2014
- Antiques and the Arts Weekly mentions our Tiffany exhibition and the companion book.
- February 13, 2014
- This Year's Nickerson Lecture Series Lineup
- January 24, 2014
- WCIU's You and Me This Morning Features the Driehaus Museum
- December 17, 2013
- An evening celebrating the Driehaus Museum’s recent publication by The Monacelli Press.
- November 25, 2013
- A New Phase for an Old Home
- October 31, 2013
- "Driehaus Exhibit Shows Off the Glory of Tiffany Pieces"
- October 29, 2013
- Conservation of the Majorelle Vitrine.
- October 18, 2013
- Open House Chicago begins this Saturday
- October 15, 2013
- "Windows of Time: Tracing Tiffany through Chicago"
This Year's Nickerson Lecture Series Lineup
Tickets are now available for the 2013 Samuel M. Nickerson Lecture Series! This is among the most popular programs at the Driehaus Museum, for which we invite five notable speakers to come and speak on topics related to late 19th-century architecture, design, or decorative arts. The aim of the Series, as always, is to situate the Driehaus Museum and the historic Samuel M. Nickerson Mansion in the wider context of America’s Gilded Age culture and the design philosophies of the period. Each lecture is $5 for all Driehaus Museum members and $15 for the general public. (For more information about joining the Driehaus Museum prior to the start of the series, click here.)
Each lecture takes place at 6 p.m. on a Thursday evening, and there are five lectures in total. In brief, they are as follows:
March 14 - Great Midwestern Panes
With Rolf Achilles, Art Historian and Curator, Smith Museum of Stained Glass Windows
April 15 - Buried Treasure and Tragedy: The Architectural Rise of San Francisco
With Erin Feher, Editor-in-Chief, California Home+Design Magazine
May 16 - The Architecture of Leisure: The Florida Coast Resorts of Henry Flagler and Henry Plant
With Dr. Susan R. Braden, Former Professor of Art History, Auburn University
September 19 - Inventing the Modern World: Decorative Arts at the World’s Fairs 1851-1939
With Jason T. Busch, Chief Curator and the Alan G. and Jane A. Lehman Curator of Decorative Arts and Design at the Carnegie Museum
October 17 - The House Twain and Tiffany Built
With Patti Philippon, Beatrice Fox Auerbach Chief Curator, Mark Twain House & Museum
Much more information, including the speakers’ bios and the themes to be explored in each lecture, can be found on the Driehaus Museum’s Programs page (click “Lectures” to narrow down the options). You can also contact our Admission Office to purchase tickets over the phone by calling 312 482 8933, ext. 21 during regular hours Tuesday through Sunday.
Sign up for e-News
Stay up to date with the latest news and programs from the Driehaus Museum. Click here to subscribe