- June 29, 2015
- Newark Museum Opens "From Pearls to Platinum to Plastic"
- June 25, 2015
- Announcing Dressing Downton in 2016
- May 29, 2015
- Farewell to AAM President Ford W. Bell
- May 05, 2015
- Transforming Historic Spaces
- April 10, 2015
- Lombard's Lilac Crown Comes to the Driehaus Museum
- March 31, 2015
- From Brooklyn to Hollywood: A Journey in Jewels
- March 23, 2015
- The Art Institute of Chicago Presents Ireland: Crossroads of Art and Design, 1690–1840
- February 19, 2015
- President Obama Designates Chicago's Pullman Historic District a National Monument
- January 22, 2015
- Cooper Hewitt Museum embraces a multifaceted identity.
- December 12, 2014
- Driehaus Museum closed for part of January
- December 01, 2014
- Chicago’s Historic House Museums Launch New Website
- November 04, 2014
- Driehaus Museum prepares for an Upcoming Exhibition
- October 01, 2014
- Harriet F. Rees House Moved to a new location
- June 19, 2014
- Louis Comfort Tiffany: Treasures from the Driehaus Collection exhibition has been extended!
- June 12, 2014
- Expansion Planned for the Frick Collection
- May 23, 2014
- Restoration in Progress: Bonstone Repair
From Latin America with Love
This Valentine’s Day, the Driehaus Museum is teaming up with the talented South American music duo Dois no Choro and our culinary neighbors, the modern Latin restaurant Nacional 27, to create the perfect romantic evening.
To start, ticket-holders to From Latin America with Love: A Night of Tango, Music and Song receive a special 20% discount on dinner at Nacional 27 on February 7. (Reservations are recommended. To see the menu, click here.)
Then, guests can plan to arrive at the Driehaus Museum after doors open at 6:30 p.m. and take a self-guided evening tour of our galleries. At 7:30, Julie Koidin of Dois no Choro will give a tango talk and lead everyone in learning the first steps of the tango “salida.” Following the tango lesson, you’ll enjoy South American-inspired sweets and bubbly in the Driehaus Museum ballroom until the start of Dois no Choro’s performance, which will complete the evening with tangos, waltzes, and sambas from a rich, sensuous South American repertoire.
Tickets are $45 for Driehaus Museum members and $55 for the public. For more information, head over to the Programs page.
Sign up for e-News
Stay up to date with the latest news and programs from the Driehaus Museum. Click here to subscribe