- January 22, 2015
- Cooper Hewitt Museum embraces a multifaceted identity.
- December 12, 2014
- Driehaus Museum closed for part of January
- December 01, 2014
- Chicago’s Historic House Museums Launch New Website
- November 04, 2014
- Driehaus Museum prepares for an Upcoming Exhibition
- October 01, 2014
- Harriet F. Rees House Moved to a new location
- June 19, 2014
- Louis Comfort Tiffany: Treasures from the Driehaus Collection exhibition has been extended!
- June 12, 2014
- Expansion Planned for the Frick Collection
- May 23, 2014
- Restoration in Progress: Bonstone Repair
- April 17, 2014
- The WGN Morning News features the Driehaus Museum
- April 11, 2014
- The Illinois and Chicago Departments of Transportation need your help to redefine North Lake Shore Drive
- March 24, 2014
- Ames-Webster Mansion in Boston Restored
- March 14, 2014
- Celebrate Women’s History Month at the Driehaus Museum
- March 04, 2014
- Happy Birthday Chicago!
- February 24, 2014
- Preservation in the News: Support Chicago’s First National Historic Park
- February 19, 2014
- Antiques and the Arts Weekly mentions our Tiffany exhibition and the companion book.
- February 13, 2014
- This Year's Nickerson Lecture Series Lineup
Stay up to date with the latest news about the Driehaus Museum, historic preservation, the decorative arts, Gilded Age-era Chicago, and more.
Cooper Hewitt Museum embraces a multifaceted identity.
Following an $81 million makeover, the Cooper Hewitt showcases objects that are both newfangled and elegantly refined, all housed within a Neo-Georgian manse. > Read more
Driehaus Museum closed for part of January
The Museum will be closed January 5-16, 2015. > Read more
Chicago’s Historic House Museums Launch New Website
Driehaus Museum prepares for an Upcoming Exhibition
Check out this feature on our upcoming exhibition Maker & Muse: Women and Early Twentieth Century Art Jewelry. > Read more
Harriet F. Rees House Moved to a new location
The Harriet F. Rees House moves one block north but will stay within the context of the Prairie District. > Read more
40 East Erie Street
Chicago, Illinois Get directions
Sign up for e-News
Stay up to date with the latest news and programs from the Driehaus Museum. Click here to subscribe
September 10, 2013
The Young Mr. and Mrs. Nickerson: A Brief History
Samuel and Mathilda Nickerson were patriarch and matriarch of this fine home, but we can’t overlook their son Roland and his wife Adelaide, who shared the mansion with the elder Nickersons and started their young family here. Read more